Wednesday, 4 July 2012

The Neon Necklace

2012-06-24 13.30.50
♪ Nancy Sinatra- Sugar Town ♪

Summer has always been my favourite season because I always feel inspired and I have a lot of time to do the things I love most. Needless to say, this is my second week of holiday and I have adored and cherished every second of it! I am so positive , you may even call me idealist but I have a schedule I get to make on my own and I am cathing up on all the great movies and series I have been missing, but I also have more time to meet old friends and exercise.

Summer is also season of change. I have cut my hair (like 2,5 inches AH! THE HORROR! ) and I am aware it was mandatory for its aspect. I first thought to show you this difference (although all my close friends didn't even notice) in the first photos I will take in Florence, but I couldn't help myself and posted a photo on my Instagram (@marymanaila). And YES, once you click the 'read more' button you will see it attached at the end of the post. So, my dear readers, I may present you the last photos I took with my long hairdo!

And this photoshoot is not dear to me only because of this, but also because of that stunning neon necklace I'm wearing. I shall tell you the modern tale of this statement piece:

It was a stressful day as I had my Speaking Examination for Cambridge and I figured that a shopping session  would help me relax a bit. Five minutes after walking into the H&M store I saw IT. It just seemed perfect, super affordable and to be honest, I really wanted to own a neon piece as they have been such a hit this season. I was about to buy it, when my mom, followed by my little sister seemed shocked. They clearly disagreed and when my father as well objected I felt like it was a fashion crime we were talking about.

Two weeks later, another city, another H&M store. I brought the one person which inspires my style most, my lovely aunt , with me as I wanted to know her opinion. She was kind enough to say: 'I think you have things which are far more special, dear'. Annoyed , I decided to go out the next day with my incredible cousin, Ioana, one of the few people who actually read my ramblings and my favourite photographer.The minute she saw it she gave me that 'What are you waiting for?' look and I knew it was a right choice. I usually make choices for myself, but in this case, with the complete disagreement of my loved ones, I got really confused. I laugh at this story now, because it was cheap in fact, and I could have evoided this whole fuss.

Anyways, if you're still with me, I want to thank Ioana for these incredible photos and also to my little sister for interfering my absolute favourite one(I didn't blur you this time, ha!).


H&M dress, H&M necklace, H&M sunnies, Zara wedges, Zara bag

fsdfdf


2012-06-24 13.35

2012-06-24 13.32

2012-06-24 13.30.38

Untitled-1

2012-06-24 13.35.55

2012-06-24 13.37.19

And my new haircut, you can get more updates at my instragram profile ( @marymanaila)


48 comments:

  1. I love your purse! xoxo Demmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the sunglasses :) I follow you, do you follow me? :)

    http://victoriasrun.blogspot.com.es/

    Kisses
    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, i follow you now.
    I hope you will follow back? :-)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress and I love your sunglasses!!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that song ;) & I Love this look! xx

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice outfit..love this dress..i am following you via GFC,bloglovin...hope you follow back on GFC, bloglovin and facebook!!

    xx
    Nelly
    http://e-fashiondiaries.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey dear! love ur blue dress n pink bag!! thx for ur comment
    yes lets folow each other
    im already following u on gfc! waitingg for u to folow me back on gfc and facebook page! :)
    xx
    priyanka
    www.fshn4us.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! very lovely dress and bag, I love their colors!! of course, we can follow each other, I'm already following you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the teal blue against your skin!
    You look pretty

    www.candyvioleta.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mary,

    merci de tot de vizita si comentariu. Esti super dulce.
    te urmaresc cu drag prin gfc, bloglovin si facebook.

    te pupaces si te astept pe la mine :)

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for your proposition. of course!! i just started following You :)

    www.modishYou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog! Love yours too!
    Following you through Google and Bloglovin'
    Hope you can follow me back:)

    xoxo
    Veronica

    www.chicallover.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your lovely lovely comment on my blog!! :)
    Your outfit is gorgeous... I especially love the dress the colour is so pretty!

    I would love to follow each other.. your blog is a little gem!! :)
    I bet you're getting really excited for your holiday! Mine isn't till August.. Plenty of shopping time between now and then!
    Claudia X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your bag nice color ;). It would be great if we could follow each other, I am following you now with GFC and bloglovin <3. Have a nice evening!

    lg Neru

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for comment on my blog! nice look! :)

    I follow your blog! You can follow my blog on http://walksofdream.blogspot.com.es/

    thanks!!! xoxo

    http://walksofdream.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute dress and I have the same necklace!!
    Great blog you have, check mine if you like.

    http://justdailythings.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my friend by this necklace ;)
    Cute look ^^

    Kiss
    http://melle-lunettes.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  18. check out my blog dear
    i have an award for you

    xo
    www.jiglycious.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute outfit, i love your purse and necklace!! :) I like your style and I'm gladly following you now <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Mary, thank you for taking the time for stopping b my blog! I did respond to your comment if you're interested! (; anyhoo you're hair looks amazing, I too wouldn't have noticed a difference if you hadn't mentioned it! Will be following for sure!

    P.S. you're' sis is adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. love how dress and necklace look together, great combo!
    Thank you for your lovley comment, of course we can follow each other, I'm following you on GFC and Bloglovin now! :)
    Bisous, Tasha
    http://unetouchedestyle.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely my darling! ♡

    http://therubberdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. The colour of the dress is awesome, and the purse goes great with it!

    Love to invite you to my GIVE AWAY:) Really easy to enter and lovely items to win!

    xoxo
    mloescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love this look !
    xx
    http://maybe-not2day.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice look!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice blog!

    http://mesmemos.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the neckless.

    We are following you.

    http://trendy-twins.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the blue dress,you look so nice and the Fluor necklace it's lovely
    Have a look on my blog we may can follow each other.
    Xo
    City-aholic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  29. love everything!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your pink bagwhat a wonderful 4th of july! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow my preppy blog. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! I also just added a giveaway you should check out!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Funny story!!! One always have to check ALL the family, until we get the desired reply :D
    I LOVE that necklace!!!!
    Im now following you on bloglovin and GFC!, Hope u follow back!
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very nice dres!! Thanks for the comment and of course we can follow each other!
    Follow me and i'll follow back :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. woow , I loved your dress and pinky bag.
    so cute yeahhh :)

    can you check out my blog please :) maybe follow , and give your coment :)

    xx
    http://friskaapsari.blogspot.com/
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cute dress and necklace! Love them!

    I just found your blog and I'm a fan now! ;)

    Wanna follow eachother? Kisses*

    http://gomadandbuyeverything.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a pretty look!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. you have a great sense of style! Would you like to follow each other maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  37. You look so lovely, love the dress.
    Yes, I would love to follow each other.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥