Fancy Friday: Finding the right dress

by - 17:38

640x851

If a girl looks swell when she meets you, who gives a damn if she's late? Nobody. ~J.D. Salinger, Catcher in the Rye

I've been planning to post this photo for three months now, shame on me! It's just that I like everything to be perfect and as I didn't take my camera with me at the last prom...well, that's the best shot I got with my phone.
I have to admit a thing that I absolutely love about highschool: proms & parties. We don't actually call it a prom, but a ball and we have two of these each year. I usually like to go wild and wear really different outfits on such special occasions (I was Audrey Hepburn inspired in a LBD once, Floral Fairy in a long dress, Cha Cha dancer in a blue dress and the list goes on and on..). At the last prom though, as you can see, I chose a dress which represents my style very much: classy and feminine. This happened due to the fact I was really busy at the time and I bought the dress one day before the prom and had like 15 minutes for hair&makeup, it was a complete madness!

This spring, when the second ball of this scholar year will take place, I want to plan things ahead , because although my look turned out fine, I don't know if I'm so lucky to pull this off again! I saw you guys were really receptive and helpful when I asked for your suggestions last time, so I'm going to to rely on you one more time: I need to pick next prom's dress.

Wait, there's some good news, I picked the brand already: House of Fraser. I've wanted to shop from this UK-based label ever since my pen pal from London showed me online the amazing things she used to get (we had this funny ritual at sales time, when we would skype and pick the best deals for her to buy). Right now, I feel like their unique prom dresses are essential for my next ball, you know me and my fashion fixations !

I'm still having issues picking between four of them, all fabulous, so perhaps you can help me figure out which one would suit me best (I'm also really curious on how you see me):




Prom!

I told you, four dresses- so different yet so incredible! What should I do?

You May Also Like

39 comentarii

  1. All of the four dresses are amazing, but I would reccomend the first one. It suits you really well and it is very elegant, perfect for a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun,

    Thanks for visiting my blog - shall we follow each other - nice dress x

    h x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is great, dear.
    I loved it.
    Your blog is awesome.
    Can you believe that I never read The Catcher in the Rye?
    I pretend to read it this year.
    xx
    Iza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl!
    Thanks for your comment!
    What a beautiful dress!
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the first dress is just perfect for you but the third one is also really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've had my prom this january and i also went to another ball ... I love looking for beautiful dresses and I bought my prom dress in october already :) all the dresses are beautiful! i like the 3rd and 4th best :)
    http://fantasy-meets-reality.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dresses and you look smashing, so pretty!! Thanks ever so much for your sweet comment doll, I'm happy you like my blog layout. I hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :) Dress number is stunning.
    Style With Friends

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your look great shoes and dress, i am your new follower thanks so much for visiting my blog i hope support me back.
    kisses
    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would go for the first one although all of them are really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit, you look gorgeous dear! ♥ XOXO

    www.sohamokdad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so chic and beautiful <3 ! gorgeous dress Dear !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im goin for the GLAMROCK look for sure!
    Added u on GFC. :) Have a good weekend too.
    I AM GIVING AWAY 1 PAIR OF SUNGLASSES FROM QUAY. Come check it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is just exquisite on you. You look incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see sequins in the last onee! so that one is my favorite! ;) but I also like the first one! ^^

    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my blog, Mary ;)) I love your dress,especially the shiny fabric!! very beautiful :)) xx


    http://lavender-fashion-xxx.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful silk dress Mary.. you look stunning! As for the prom dress..lace is always a winner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the dress! it suits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's a pretty dress, you look great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely the first dress!

    sugarmilz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Number 1 for sure!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  22. LVE that dress
    xx
    Much LVE :)
    http://samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the dress you're wearing! It looks gorgeous on you!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that quote! You are so gorgeous in that dress, you could definitely make someone forget what time it is!
    xx

    Here&Now
    Enter My Lendperk Giveaway (Only a few hours left!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. well you certainly found the right dress-as well as the shoes!! And prom is definatly a big deal!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look very pretty on this photo. As for the dresses - I think you should choose it yourself, the one that speaks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the first one would be gorgeous on you!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  28. aww you look so lovely! the dress is so enchanting !

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the 4th! but they all looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are fabulous, sweetie :) Nice dress, it absolutely fits you :) And from dresses, I like the first one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is one gorgeous dress and I just love the mint clutch you paired with it! :)

    Enter to win a $40 voucher to InDressMe!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you for visiting my little blog!

    Really enjoyed your pictures!

    Lieselotte
    http://andthesummerof84.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  33. You look beautiful, and of the four below, I like the forth one best.
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥