Home series: the living room

by - 18:50

Untitled

♪ Little Simz- Protect My Energy♪

I would say that part of me neglecting most of my hobbies (including this blog) has been because of the renovation of our new home. It took 16 months to complete, mostly because we didn't have sufficient funds and we had to take it step by step, but also partly because we both dreamed of some specific things, and we had to compromise when we couldn't afford them in the end. Now that it's finally done, I felt like writing a whole series on the subject, because this blog has always served as my personal diary- it hasn't been all about fashion, like it started, it progressed with my trips, art and music opinions, book reviews, and I love that I have gathered so many stories over time, which I can always read whenever I feel like taking a trip down memory lane. 

And what better way to invite you into our home than starting with the room we usually have our guests in: the living room (also known as the room of compromise). This poor room has served as dishwasher holder, dressing room, artist studio- pretty much everything you can imagine over the last year and so. We both had this vision that one wall would have a vinyl & Vogue storage place and we would have the turntables on top so Adrian can mix and play music. Of course we had to adjust our expectations a bit and chose Ikea furniture- and this shelving unit ended up being our main bookcase for so many months, as you can see in the first photo of this post- we stuffed it with our favorite books while the other books were patiently waiting in bags for a proper bookcase. 


Untitled

Next up, is the wall facing the music station, the one with the couch. We both dreamed of a mint couch, but we also we're determined to find a couch that's super comfy. We were also super confident the living room and the hallway would be the last rooms to decorate, but the universe laughed at our determination- we found this couch on sale, it was literally 70% cheaper than the couch we had in mind and it was way more comfortable. The only problem we had: it wasn't mint, but it's still a pretty close shade, so out of my first paycheck as a resident doctor, we got it because it was the last one in store and we wouldn't have found a better deal months later. The coffee table is from Zara Home and I love how it matches the style of the living room. The only issue I have with this corner of the room right now? The lack of art on that big white wall- it's just that whatever we tried to place there, we felt like it wasn't quite right. I know it looks kind of sad right now, but I believe this wall is just asking for a masterpiece, so I'm sure it will be worth the wait in the end.

Untitled Untitled

And, now for the wall which took the most compromise: the workspace wall. I dream of a home where we'll have a study someday, because the black computer and the gaming chair aren't really my aesthetic (I won't even comment on our huge printer, my dad got it for me 5 years ago, and it's equally ugly as it is useful, so we're not changing it any time soon), but in the end the result was better than I expected (I'll admit I was a bit dramatic and I was sure I wouldn't like it, but with the shelf on top with my beloved Minitremu Infinite Column and some of our beloved souvenirs, I'm happy with the result). And let's just take a moment to acknowledge the fact that Adrian chose to place his watercolor brushes into a vegan mayo jar haha. Somebody call Architectural Digest, this is interior design at its finest.

Untitled

Untitled

As for the bookcase, we had entirely something else in mind (the same goes for the desk), but we chose to have our holiday in Spain (Madrid and Barcelona) instead and ended up choosing the more affordable options from Ikea . I wasn't raised like this, for my parents traveling is the last on their priority list, but I'm grateful I found someone who thinks the same as I do when it comes to this matter, I honestly wouldn't trade the incredible memories we made on our trip for anything in the world. And I also believe that in the end this bookcase was the wise choice for our home because the hallway already had Ikea furniture in the same style, so I think both spaces complement each other beautifully.

Untitled
This is it, the first virtual room tour of our apartment, we may have encountered many changes along the way, but I have to confess it's such a joyful room to be in! We love spending our days on our incredible couch reading good books or having friends over. So far, everyone has told us this room is full of positivity and it's their favorite. 
I have to end this blog post with the some details of the skirt of my life, from Smaranda Almasan, because I just can't believe how well it matches the colors and the energy of this room!

Untitled Untitled
Detail of my sweater from the "Bird of Paradise" collection, also designed by Smaranda Almasan💗

Untitled

You May Also Like

0 comentarii

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥