Emerald Love

by - 16:58

2013-05-02 09.51


♪ Hearts a mess- Gotye ♪

It's going to be one of those posts- where I actually stay focused on the main subject: the clothes I am wearing. I always plan to do this, but most of the time, my 'fashion blog' becomes more about blogging than fashion.  Oops, here I am, doing it again!

Emerald- I have mentioned this shade a couple times around here, I even wrote a whole post about it on TeenyStyle and I'm sure you know it is the color of year, according to Pantone. I don't usually wear green, but there's something about the lightness of this color that really got me! The idea of an emerald green statement necklace, a funky pair of flats or a party dress really appealed to me. I was lucky to find one thing on my wishlist: THE FLATS, in an unusual circustance. I was out of town and only brought one pair of nude Zara flats which killed my feet, so I decided I should buy a pair of shoes with the budget that I had for a skirt. I walked into the first shop, saw them in pink first and they were the most comfortable, which such a smooth leather! I wasn't sure about the color, but then I saw the emerald version and I didn't hesitate: match made in heaven!

Now, you must have noticed why I am wearing such a simple and casual ensemble: I wanted my new statement necklace to shine! I've always wanted something in this style, so I can wear it to both feminine and edgy outfits, and Chicnova is the best when it comes to making my dreams come true! Also, notice the matching bracelet I also got from their site, I loved its inscription:  "Never say never, cause never is forever".

Such a magical thing, how your shoes and accessories can change a simple outfit completely!
Chicnova necklace, Chicnova bracelet, Marc Jacobs bracelet, Staccato flats, BSB skirt, Zara top, Zara bag, Fossil watch
chicnova 14

maaybe2 details3 chicnova 1 chicnova3 chicnova 4 bracelets chicnova 8 details chicnova 12 chicnova 6 details2 chicnova 2 maaybe chicnova 10

You May Also Like

37 comentarii

  1. I am in love with your skirt *.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!! Like always thanks for your sweet comment, I am delighted to know your opinion :)
    By the way, i like your post very much, amazing skirt!!
    I would love you to give me your opinion about my new post at;
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't think that this 2 shades would go so well together. I like your touch of gold for the necklace to go with this outfit as well =)

    P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment at my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, love the emerald flats. Great buy.
    xo
    Tiffy
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great styling babe!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely mix of colors! Love your navy maxi skirt, and such catchy emerald flats

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how golden necklaces looks on the purple top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pictures, love the necklace and it fits perfectly on the purple top.

    Do you wanna follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin? If interested let me know and I'll follow back.

    Stardust Stain Blog
    Stardust Stain on Bloglovin'
    Stardust Stain on Facebook

    Lots of love,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute outfit!!
    love dress is always my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely stunning in this outfit! I LOVE your necklace; and those flats...swoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love those shoes, they look so cute and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool way to make that necklace shine.. great skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the maxi. Such sweet details too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So love your outfit. Great words, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! Such a wonderful summer outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this look is so romantic! love it! you look elegant and romantic, but also fresh (modern). :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. really pretty look, the skirt is beautiful ;) xx andy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful look!! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that outfit on you! So Summery x

    www.thesequincinderella.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful sweet look! I like your blog! Maybe you can visit my blog and follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great look, I love the color combination of your outfit with the flats.

    LittlePinkRainBoots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look amazing honey, love your necklace <3

    -Doris

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gotta love a great statement necklace! Great color combination in your outfit, those flats rock!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look amazing! I love maxi skirts and your shoes are very nice, love green! But as you said, you wanted your necklace to shine and you got it! It's really outstanding! I really like it! You look very beautiful and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi sweety your look gorgeous! I love the necklace it's the perfect final touch!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so right dear - the emerald provides a great spark of color! It is perfect in the spring with that maxi skirt!
    Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely week!


    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  27. There's not much I love more than a nice long skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks wonderful ,love the Pictures :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. he he...stiam eu k recunosc peisajul din fundal. esti si studenta la med?

    kiss kiss

    follow each other if you like.


    FASHION-SPIKE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanx for dropping by my blog and for the birthday wishes. Love seeing newcomers around.

    I didn't even notice that your outfit was simple as the necklace really made everything tick. The shoes remind me of Tory Burch!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Mary,

    I'm taking the freedom of leaving you a comment because I'm currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I'm doing a survey about the perception of young women towards today's luxury brands ads, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, it would be of much much help :)
    Here the link of my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WV3LYH6
    Thank you very much!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  32. hey, Mary! once again thank you for such a great and thoughtful comment! I'm sorry to hear things were that bad with your poor eye but I'm glad everything worked out fine eventually.
    you're also right about wearing something simple and making the outfit pop by using accessories like shoes, necklaces etc, exactly like you've done here.
    by the way, if you're interested we could follow each other to stay in touch :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous outfit! You look wonderful! xxxx

    http://www.fashionnarcissism.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a beautiful, simple and lovely look! :) I have similar necklace, must try wearing it like you some day.

    Thanks so much for stopping by some time ago xx

    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥