Gatsby Girl

by - 11:59

gatsbygirl9


"I was crazy about The Great Gatsby. Old Gatsby. Old sport. That killed me."
"The Catcher in the Rye"- J.D. Salinger

 I've always loved F. Scott Fitzgerald's work and when I heard of the glorious movie in the making, with such an incredible cast, Prada outfits and the soundtrack by Lana del Rey, I couldn't wait for its release! The movie was artistic, with all the memorable quotes from the book emphasized, the opulence of the Gatsby-esque parties (okay, maybe Gatsby's house was a little too Disney Palace for my taste!) and with a Carey Mulligan who knew how to shape the affected, delicate yet shallow Daisy. I loved their take on Jay Gatsby, although it's not what I've imagined while I was reading the book. The end was a little too long and the use of dubstep and rap songs at the parties was certainly interesting, although I would have loved more music from that period.

I wanted to wear something which would remind of the fabulous period of flapper dresses, short hair always worn with extravagant tiaras and pearls as the number one choice in jewellery. I think I managed pretty well with my hairdo and that bracelet with little pearls. I love my new SheInside dress so much and somehow the pastel shade reminded me of the easiness in Daisy's life until she met Gatsby again. And while we're on dresses and Daisy, please search online (if you can't make it to the movie) all of her Prada outfits, Miuccia Prada will always be my favourite designer!

Now..why name the post "Gatsby Girl" ? Because while I watching the movie, it striked me that I had a few things in common with the optimistic, hopeless romantic Gatsby :
I'm a dreamer. I imagine so many scenes and I analyze the past events a little too much.
I'm ambitious- Although it takes me a great amount of time to decide what I want, once I set my mind to it, it's hard to stop me.
Perfectionist- Okay, I laughed a lot when Gatsby took care of the tea party where he was going to meet Daisy after almost 5 years- the macarons, the anxiety, the overthinking.
I don't like tragic ends in a book, especially when they happen to such an incredible character like Gatsby, but this book is one of my favourite ones and I felt like paying a tribute here.


SheInside dress, Zara heels, Fossil watch, Accessorize tiara

gatsbygirl13 gatsbygirl10 gatsbygirl6 gatsbygirl7 gatsbygirl14 gatsbygirl1 gatsbygirl5 gatsbygirl15 gatsbygirl2 gatsbygirl8 gatsbygirl11

You May Also Like

28 comentarii

  1. The dress is gorgeous! it looks like you are wearing a skirt and a shirt! :)

    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty! love the pleated skirt <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look, love the colors! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im TOTALLY with you on the flapper dress thing!!!!! (As is obvious from my last dress (post) haha) And pink on pink... man I am OBSESSED with pink lately! Girl you are a star in this dress, love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! You are so beautiful! And the outfit looks really classy and nice :)

    xx Marianne
    pictureme-m.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooo what a great look for seeing this movie! I see u like the cinema so much, as I do! Well I didn't see the old Gran Gtasby but today Im gonna see the new remake, that looks great!

    Love ur look and your hair style! Im following u! nick ireastur 90 :), if u could follow me back to keep in touch it would be awesome!

    xoxo

    www.yoyomismaeirene.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly cute!!!!! wanna follow each other? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you'r really really pretty girl!!!
    gatsby mood is the most wanted at the moment!
    Chiara
    ♡EFFENSHION

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute! That dress suits you really well <3
    Thanks for visiting my blog doll, hope to see you around again soon :)

    Have an amazing sunday!

    http://fashionfixeshearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress and I love the look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really nice look and great dress;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely Mary. Very 20's. I haven't seen the movie but I would love to. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can definitely see you wearing this to a fabulous Gatsby party. This dress is gorgeous!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I haven't read the book yet ugh :( Now if I do, I would already have the characters in my head so I'll probably not read it. Your outfit looks lovely<3 I love it when movies inspire me how to dress.

    http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. E superba rochita :)

    http://sugarspiceandsomestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi sweety, you have the loveliest style, this is such a pretty dress, it looks stunning you, love the pastel pink shade. Thanks for your sharing your style insight with me! May your week get off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i allways find great inspiration from movies and i like that others that doing fashion are too. great post and love your dress

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the color and the details in the back. you look beautiful, so goddess-y vibe. It suits you well.

    Kisses
    Bex

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think ive never seen that movie. but you look gorgeous! i love this dress!

    xo, Carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your dress <3


    http://parisaprew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look great ^_^ but isn't the dress a little too short?

    ReplyDelete
  22. you look beautiful! love this look so much!
    thank you for your comment! would you like to follow each other?


    xoxo
    Stacey Ko
    http://staceyko.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful dress! I'm so in love with all the gorgeous embellished dresses I've seen in the images of The Great Gastby (I haven't seen the movie yet).

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :)

    Have a lovely day!
    x Irene

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanx for your lovely comment.

    The pink bangle you have looks so sweet and unique!

    I love the artistic direction of The Great Gatsby and the contents is almost true to the book. I just hadn’t imagined Tom to look like that and also Gatsby himself to look as charming as Leo. Ever since Leo got older and fatter, I’ve never every thought he was charming. However, he looked really dashing in this movie. I like the actress who played Daisy too. My hubby isn’t a literature and arts buff. He was initially drawn to the show but closer to the end, he said it was a little boring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Marvelous dress, you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Imi place la nebunie rochia ta, culoarea este geniala si arati si foarte bine in ea!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥