Gatsby Girl- the comeback

by - 11:33

gatsby

♪ Kids See Ghosts - 4th Dimension ♪

It's been a long time since I last spoke to you. That's partly because the 4th year of Med School came with a whole other level of responsibility, and the summer finals I just finished were particularly difficult. But another big part played the fact that time spent researching fashion was downgraded on my list. 2018 has been so far the year my mindset and priorities shifted dramatically. With everything that's going on in our world right now, I chose to spend my spare time reading history and politics books. 

Still, when I was through with my finals, I obviously craved the summer sales and although I got there 4 days late, I was lucky enough to find some really cool items for my summer holiday (more on that in a future post). One dress really caught my eye- a black flapper dress! I loved it so much, because you might remember about my obsession with F. Scott Fitzgerald's work and the fact that "The Great Gatsby" is always going to be in my top books list. I wanted to buy it so hard, but I really had to prioritize my budget and I already have a lot of black dresses in my closet. 

But when I got home I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I had a thought- are there online stores which sell flapper dresses? I discovered Wardrobe Shop and although I would wear all those flapper dresses to a theme party, one dress really caught my eye and I really had to show it to you as well. You can see it in the collage above or find it here. I literally gasped when I first saw it- first of all- it's white& long, I instantly thought bride material! Secondly, it was like all my fashion knowledge rushed back and I could see the influence of three major designers- the front- Elie Saab, the back- Ricardo Tisci when he was at Givenchy, Miuccia Prada for the twenties vibes she channeled when she designed "The Great Gatsby" costumes. I literally can't explain how much I love it , I'm basically looking for a special occasion so I can have an excuse to buy it- but I still have 2 years of Med School left, so no formal dance for me any time soon haha.

Maybe I've always been in love with the roaring twenties fashion because I read most of F. Scott Fitzgerald's life work back when I was in highschool, but after my research I decided that, at some point in my life, I wanna throw a Gatsby party and that I don't have to worry about finding the right dress, I'm so grateful for online shopping! Now, let's all remember the incredible costumes Daisy wore in "The Great Gatsby" for some inspiration:

gatsby2

I have to admit that before this discovery, I never thought about searching for vintage style dresses online, so you know how I get when I'm curious! Honestly, I was even more surprised to find Nataya Dresses, where they actually have a section called "Titanic Dresses". I found an iconic burgundy "Downton Abbey"dress, which I obviously wanted to share with you because I'm such a geek when it comes to TV shows, history & fashion. The fabric and the shade are marvellous, the cut would do me justice, that lace is so feminine, so now I'm basically wishing for a "Downton Abbey" party as well. What are your thoughts on vintage fashion- are you just as fascinated with the way people used to dress? Would you like to buy a dress like that? If so, would it be for a theme party or you'd actually wear it on a daily basis? I still think the first dress (the white flapper style) is totally wedding dress material-  do you agree?

downtown abbey

You May Also Like

0 comentarii

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥