Madrid: Day 3 or how to be an effective tourist

by - 21:16

Madrid

♪ Reborn - Kids See Ghosts ♪

I wanted to post this back when I visited Madrid back in February, but then the second semester started and I never got round to pick my favorite photos from the ones we took on our last full day in Madrid. As this summer I'm going back to two places I've seen before, I was searching through the blog today for the travel blogs I wrote years ago and I realized how helpful they are to me! This blog truly is my virtual diary, just as the name goes, because there are many small details that I've forgotten in the span of 5 years about some of my trips, but the moment I read my old blog stories, it all came back in a matter of seconds. That's why I decided to share a guide on my last day in Madrid, while the memories are still unfaded.

Our third day was our most prolific one because we were determined to see everything we couldn't visit in the first two days. We rented a place on Airbnb in Lavapiés  which is a neighbourhood famous for the amazing street art, the buildings are so artistic! We took a 15 minutes walk around the streets we knew we'd find the most amazing graffiti , en route to our next destination: Atocha train station. Although it's the largest railway station in Madrid, we visited it for a different reason: the station in famous the palm trees and luxurious vegetation it has inside! I loved it so much, if all the train stations would look like this, you would catch me more using a train. Next up, we walked past the Reina Sofia Museum, Caixa Forum and Prado Museum (photos & review on my first post of Madrid here ) to say our farewell, and we arrived at the end of Gran Via, in front of the iconic Metropolis building, where S. took some amazing photos I will cherish my whole life. Next up: Puerta del Sol where I finally found the perfume of my dreams on sale at Sephora: Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. Then followed a little break: we saw Plaza Mayor, Madrid's main square, had lunch at Mercado de San Miguel (and the best sangria ever!) and dessert at the world-famous Chocolatería San Ginés -they have a history of serving churros with hot chocolate and I was in heaven!

Probably the hardest thing in the whole day was walking after that lunch to the Royal Palace and the Almudena Cathedral , but once we got to visit the breathtaking palace, it all got better. After our last tourist activity, we managed to walk to our apartment and rest for one hour and then came the most exhausting activity of them all: shopping for our loved ones. The stores were closing at 10 PM so we had 3 hours to manage, and I actually ended getting some cool stuff for myself as well. I couldn't help taking a picture of all the souvenirs I got, I really have a lot of friends and family and I'm happy I was able to return with something for them, although the gifts occupied a whole bed and it took a lot of creativity to pack them, but I'm always up for a challenge!
Cos coat, Zara bag, Zara boots, Bershka belt, Jord watch

Madrid
Madrid
On the colorful streets of Lavapiés

Madrid Madrid
Madrid
The magic Atocha train station

Madrid
Madrid
With my best friend, I love traveling with S. so much!!

Madrid Madrid
Madrid Madrid
Madrid Madrid
Sangria time! This is the part where a February post would come in handy, I forgot the name of the place we got this from, but it's in Mercado de San Miguel.

Madrid
Chocolatería San Ginés

Madrid Madrid
Madrid
Palacio Real de Madrid (Royal Palace of Madrid)

Madrid Madrid
Before entering the palace, go to the left to these columns to see one of the most beautiful views of  part of Madrid- truly breathtaking!
Madrid Madrid Madrid
Almudena Cathedral

Madrid Madrid
Once again, I have to praise the Royal Palace, I just didn't want to leave!
Madrid
Souvenirs for all my loved ones, I usually line them up on the bed so I can plan my packing

Madrid
Te echo de menos, Madrid!

You May Also Like

0 comentarii

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥