On friendship and teenage years

by - 23:01

INSTAGRAMARY

♪ Fergie- A little party never killed nobody ♪

1. Me and my best friend D. in our best friend's car / 2. Lunch with my best friends , had the best sandwich spiced with tons of laughter and joy / 3. My best friend M. just got her licence and she's a natural! / 4. Me and my best friend S. at a fabulous party / 5. Gifts I, my mom and sister got for my father's birthday / 6. New obsession- there's a new cake shop in town!

Photos taken from my Instagram: marymanaila

Oh well, my past two months were so intense I can't quite sum it up accurately for you. A lot has happened, school proved to be more difficult ( I still got one more important test coming up, fingers crossed) , there were lots of parties, trips, changes and even a public speech was involved (thank God I didn't embarrass myself!). Still, there's one thing I'm certain of : I feel thankful! Thankful I've been able to go through so many interesting things, thankful I have my best friends and such a supportive family. I've also come to realize that there's only one year left of high school, which is thrilling and frightening at the same time. 

Now, let us go back to the best friends label for a bit, because I've been promising to blog about it for ages. When I was little I found the notion of  a 'best friend' confusing. It felt like such a privileged and fancy title, such a weight on my shoulders to pick only one person who I can trust with everything.  But what happens when you find 4 girls who are equally trustworthy, fun , dynamic  and who you can completely trust and relate to?  You are once again, thankful (I know it's not Thanksgiving!), you don't question the reasons why you are so lucky, and just try to make sure they know how much they mean to you! 

Oh, and let's not forget an important detail: you have fun! TONS OF FUN! You create memories, you party, you watch all the good movies and discuss all the interesting books because your teenage years and magical and you have to remember them- even the drama, as "we are who we are because a lot of reasons", written  brilliantly in The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

I find fascinating how I have with different things in common with each one of them, and that's why I have to quote C.S. Lewis :  “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”

Do you have more than one best friend? Do you believe there is such thing as a best friend? And, if you finished high school , do you still keep in touch with your friends? 

You May Also Like

21 comentarii

  1. It sounds like you have been really busy! This is certainly a busy time of year. I never really had a best friend growing up. Whenever I called someone that, they had the tendency to hurt me! Eesh.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos! so cute! xx

    coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.com/
    facebook.com/beautifulgarbagefashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post ;)

    Amazing!

    http://closertotheedge1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos :)
    I love many pictures at one place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweety! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I love your blog and your style..Its nice to meet you kisses!
    please welcome back again, I'll keep be here also!

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty photos I love them

    My blog here www.IslandChic77.Com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually struggling with keeping in touch with my HS friends right now. I skyped one of them the other day and it just felt different. We've been apart in college for 3 years and things are different, and I guess we have to accept that.

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love many pictures at one place ;) maxi dresses

    ReplyDelete
  9. me encanta vuestro blog, guapisimas.Besos

    www.elenacalfer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice that you have such a good relationship with your friends! I have some really great close friends (more than one) and I like that! And great C.S. Lewis quote!

    Oh to Be a Muse
    Shop Layered Muse

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool fotos girl!
    thnx for your comment :-)
    have a great day too!

    xxx Ros.e.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks really like you have a wonderful friendship! Congrats for that <3

    And thank you for your nice comment on my blog - I checked immediately your blog with the result: I like it!

    I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It´ll be great if you come return to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos! Your dress is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, nice photos!
    so adorable


    brazilian greetings
    http://newdaynewdress.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow!! you look gorgeous!! i have a new post up if you have a sec, i'd love to know what you think! xx

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's lovely!!!! Thanks for sharing such a nice post! Gladly followed you on Bloglovin', hope you can do same;)
    Have a happy time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics :)

    Join My GIVEAWAY:

    http://www.gagcloud.com/2013/06/cloisonne-enamel-pendant-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post!
    I just followed you :)


    Check out ladolcemoda7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥