Slow living

by - 10:30

collage

I'm one of those people who strongly believe in seizing an opportunity and creating valuable memories, but this spring was just too much! I can't complain, because so many incredible things have happened to me, but it has been too overhelming. So, in the past three months I had my own mantra: "Work hard now, wait for June". You see, I did the maths (that's the thing about a person who has so many hours of math per week: you start to calculate and plan too much!) and I concluded that I will be free this summer only 3 weeks of June and one in July. 

I found myself craving so much for time: and now that's June and I'm done with all my exams, events and trips, I'm not going to rush anything! I already started reading and I finally saw the HBO documentary: "IN VOGUE: The Editor's Eye" and two romantic comedies (I love a good and deep movie, but sometimes you need a little dullness and sweetness in your life!). Funny thing about these pictures, I wasn't going to publish them because they were taken in May, when I had a blissful weekend of slow living. I was reading and I had my Ipad with me (Whaaat? Don't you read best on the stairs? And how can I stay without my Ipad? )and when my mom saw me she suggested we should take a couple photos "for Instagram" - I know, I love her so much for her brilliant ideas and the fact she puts up with my perfectionism!

You can also see my beloved Chicnova tank top, it has the ideal fabric and the details are charming! This is a simple stay at home outfit and I decided to publish it after all because it matches my current state of mind and also because I wanted to show you that I don't wear feminine dresses and wedges 24/7.  Plus, when I see this look I think of the definition that Beth Meredith and Eric Storm gave for slow living:

" Slow Living means structuring your life around meaning and fulfillment. Similar to "voluntary simplicity" and "downshifting," it emphasizes a less-is-more approach, focusing on the quality of your life "

Still, there's one more thing I'd like to address in this post: my opinion towards the book I was reading at that time, "Can we still be friends?" , written by the editor of British Vogue, Alexandra Shulman:

Chicnova tank top, NEXT pants, Marc Jacobs Ipad, Fossil watch
2013-05-05 19.35
s3

"Can we still be friends? " is the story of three friends who struggle to keep in touch after they finish university despite all the changes they're going through. At first, I wasn't sure I would be into it because the action is set in 1983-1985 and I've already read a lot about that period, but I thought that coming from a genius and creative person like Alexandra Shulman I should give it a try. Best decision I could have possibly made!
You learn something about the fashion scene and what was trending from three  different perspectives: Kendra experiments with hippie and sport clothes, Annie with vintage and colorful dresses at first, and then with beige tones and minimalistic pieces and Sal tries to match her wardrobe to her new corporate job. But fashion is not the main topic, it's just casually mentioned here and there so you can sense their different emotions and their growth into confident women. The author emphasizes the details and manages to amaze with the incredible descriptive passages, you can easily imagine the Portugese or Greek idyllic beaches she sketches. The message is moving and full of heart, and I truly hope it will inspire everyone not to neglect a rich friendship.

s4
s
ss

You May Also Like

14 comentarii

  1. OMG! I love those pants, I've been wanting some like them for forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pants. I really want to read the book, seems interesting. If you're looking for another book try Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    great Outfit. I love this top.
    Kisses
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a laid back but cute outfit!
    Now you make me really want to read that book!

    with love, Cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is really amazing. I definitely enjoy reading it. I myself have just recently created a blog that's struggling to survive lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely!
    I have a little award for you in my blog, I hope you like it.
    See you.

    http://mallorcahandmade.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/nuevo-premio.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the stairs! And your trousers! I know what you mean... we crave for time and then we postpone things... I was also waiting for June, now I am waiting for July... :) nice that you are done with the exams! You look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those pants are amazing and look very comfy too :) I am definitely in "slow living" mode, and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the back of your top is so pretty! u look lovely <3

    xoxo
    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your top and its quite a relaxed outfit.

    xx

    fashion4teens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous outfit! I love how casual everything is :D
    Now following you on BL (:
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good you now have all free time you wanted. love that your mom wanted to take this photos, are so lovely, and your super comfy barefoot look is way much better :)

    Love ♥ TSG

    http://www.facebook.com/tsg.thania

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this outfit, the color, the fit, and everything. Very fashionable. I would like to get some good sheepskin jackets for myself and my friends, we are all like leather clothing, so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥