She'd dreamed of Paradise

by - 23:49

florence1

♪ Coldplay- Paradise ♪

Hello there, my dear readers! I hope your week started just as amazing as mine. It has been my second day of Florence and I am simply stunned of how many things I have managed to visit and learn about in such a short time. Of course, this also happened due to the fact I have researched on the artists and works of art which I could find here. It's a whole different thing to know what you're looking at and not struggling to read those flyers.

If you are following and have enough time I would like to describe my schedule during these days:

1st day - We arrived quite late because the highway was so full, so we had less hours for ourselves than expected. Still, I managed  to see the great Duomo and the Baptistery, with its gates made by Ghiberti and called by Michelangelo 'the gates of paradise'. I cannot properly explain what I felt when I was observing the scenes from the old and new Testament.  The arhitecture of the city is so complex yet elegant, it's incredible how everything creates such a strong visual impact. We went later in front of the Pitty Palace, where I took the incredible photo of my cousin's dress, which was a hit on the Facebook page. Yes, that's right, my cousin Ioana who is the official photographer of my blog. Such a stylish girl, love youu, my dear! I attached the picture in this post too, by the way. There are no pictures of myself from the 1st day because I was so enchanted by the city that I was taking photos of the buildings and being the tourist guide of our family.

2nd day - I wore a mint jumpsuit I bought in Budapest one year ago from H&M, super comfy and paired it with my new sandals, from Florence, which are exactly the same colour of the details from my jumpsuit! Talking about purchase, I bought three Vogue Magazines so far because they are cheaper than in Romania. I only need Vogue Russia and I will feel complete.

Anyways, back to the visits, we started our morning with Santa Maria Novella because I am obsessed with Ghirlandaio's work. However, I also became fond of Massacio and Giotto once I saw the whole cathedral, which was pure perfection. Later we went to Medici Chapel because I was also psyched to see Michelangelo's work (I know, I am such a nerd sometimes!) and also to the Leonardo Da Vinci Museum and I became more aware of how much of a genius he was. In the afternoon, we went to Santa Croce to see Gitto's work and later we had a little shopping session.

Be aware, there are lots of photos and I tried to describe each landscape! Love you all! x


H&M jumpsuit, Humanic sandals, Zara denim shirt, Accessorize ring 
The gates of Paradise-  Ghiberti

Pitti Palace- really close to my hotel, we love coming here to relax. Here I was a little tired , yet happy for finding Mila Kunis on the cover of Elle.

florencemint3

Santa Croce- loved it!

Medici Chapel& Palace

florence7

Pitti Palace- my love!!!!

 My favourite drink around here, with honey&lemon and my new purse from Accessorize
florence2


























Santa Maria Novella- such a complex cathedral




























florence8



























Medici Palace in the background

florencemint1

Getting ready to enter in Santa Maria Novella. I had to wear the denim shirt (with 30 degrees outside!) in order to be allowed in.

florencemint9

Big hug&smile for everyone!

469484_436438836400977_1148606479_o

My incredible cousin, Ioana. Thank you for bearing with me, you are the most awesome photographer!

You May Also Like

17 comentarii

  1. It looks like such an incredible place to see! These photos are beautiful and you look lovely!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that song! you look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! Great pictures!

    xoxo
    mloescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit!
    pretty, soo pretty!

    bellionducky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired by you: http://i46.tinypic.com/2rfefmc.png
    xo

    p.s. Give up on flats, buy some heels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love it! ^^ You have such an amazing blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    PS: I don't post shits... :p

    See you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice photos! I love your ultraflats...

    See you on my blog, if you want!
    www.onlyforfashionvictim.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty printed outfit


    www.candyvioleta.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely jumpsuit! I love this outfit's colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorei o blog, muito lindo, amei tudo. Parabéns mesmo, vou sempre estar aqui (:

    ontendency.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. followed youu, follow me back <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥