Lust for Life

by - 20:30

feather1


“How difficult it is to be simple.” -Irving Stone (Lust for Life)

I had the most incredible 9 days with my cousins. Magical, even Florence worthy judging by the fun & crowded program. Not only the new friends, activities and long walks counted (10 km was the longest, I love a big city!!) but also spending time in my favourite bookstore, Carturesti , with a pleasant company for 3 days in a row. Needless to say, I came home broke but with a bag full of books and with a joy which words cannot properly describe!

You know how you can never be happy with what you have? There I was, having so much stuff to do, yet whinning about how I don't have enough time to read my long wanted book, Lust for Life . I have been searching for this book for a long long time, because Irving Stone's biographical books are INCREDIBLE. I think I have blogged about the 'Agony & Ecstasy' which describes the life of Michelangelo because I was astounded by the amount of history and information it gives.

Well, Lust for Life, the book about the life of Vincent Van Gogh not only has both, but also a breathtaking life philosophy. I barely managed to put this book down, and every 20 pages there would be a quote or a line which would open my eyes and make me ponder about 15 minutes. I keep it everywhere around me , it's an absolute masterpiece and it makes me respect the author even more!

I wore this outfit the very first day my chiffon peach shirt arrived! Now, this shirt has everything I ever wanted : the light color, comfy fabric, fancy cut, feminine allure and a feather print!!! Plus, it matches the book haha. Also, how cute are my navy shorts? I only own 2 pair of shorts actually because I prefer dresses for the summer so special thanks to my best friend S. for being brave enough to get these for my birthday!



OASAP shirt (buy it here), Uterque shorts, Zara wedges, Fossil watch


feather6
























feather3

























May I just say again you absolutely have to read this amazing book? :)


















































feather2

You May Also Like

40 comentarii

  1. Love that top and outfit! Do you think we could follow each other via bloglovin as well? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute blouse, love the print :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so curious about both books at the moment! Much like yourself, I love spending time at bookstores and not many things make me happier than coming home with a bag full of bags!

    The top is really beautiful =)

    My Own Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great top and I miss reading books while reading through your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this top is soo fun! i love the print <3 great look

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mary!! Thanks a lot for your visit and kind comment on my blog!! Of course I'll be glad to follow each other. I'm already doing it on GFC.
    BTW lovely look!!
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing look! Cool print :)
    Stop by sometimes and if you like
    follow me, I'll definitely follow back :)

    http://dare2wear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I just found your blog, and I love it. We have similar style- very girly and classy, yet modern. I love this shirt it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely outfit! You look great! :)

    You have such an interesting blog! What do you think of following each other? Let me know!
    WhiteCloset Fashion Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esti adorabila! Te urmaresc prin GFC!Alatura-te si tu blogului meu, in curand voi avea un super giveaway!Pupici♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. E superba bluzica! Te prinde foarte bine, sa stii!

    Te pupic,

    Xoxo

    Nicoleta

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for your lovely comment! :D so nice! your shirt is amazing! :D I like this print !
    omg ! I follow you now :D hehe hope you do the same
    http://amazing-beauty-case.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic blog!! such a adorable outfit..would you like to follow each other xx
    http://loveeneeddesire.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice peep toes n blouse.. :)

    wud u like to follow each other? Let me knw! :)

    Maybe you have time to read my new post is up: Life amidst chaos: Can you handle it?

    ~Boomerang Plus

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for commenting on my blog :) i already follow you in gfc, im on page 8 under the name rebecca :) hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What is there not to love about a good trip... where you are also able to buy some very good books!

    I love this OASAP shirt, it looks amazing & as if it feels good on skin.

    P.S.: Thank you for the lovely comment, of course I would like us to follow each other.
    I'll start by friending you first, okay!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, it's me again.
    Google Friends Connect isn't working properly right now& wont' let me add you, so I'll try in an hour or so again to follow you, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look lovely in that outfit, Mary! And about travel and books, I can relate! no matter that I already have more than 500 ebooks on my IPad, I always pay excess baggage by buying tons of books on my travels!
    Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
    Your blog is amazing! Love your style! You have a new follower!
    Hope you follow me back on Bloglovin'
    Big hugs!

    Inés
    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Of course we can follow each other! :D
    Let me know!!

    http://theannelicious.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for visiting my blog and for you lovely comment. Ofcourse we can follow each other, I'm following you. ;)
    Great blog and I love your style. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely outfit! (;
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. xx

    of course I'll follow u, now I'm waiting for your turn..

    Love, Jackffy
    jackffy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much! Of course we can follow each other, I'm already following you! Now it's your turn :) xx
    http://dreamsofaparadise.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Outfit ,you look gorgeous!
    Thank you for the lovely Comment ,yes ,i want follow each other ,i follow now with GFC :)

    Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello dear!

    Thank you for your comment...

    I´m already following you...followme too :)!

    kiss,
    tixa

    ReplyDelete
  25. That shirt is so lovely, you look very pretty and cool!

    Your blog is very inspiring, I'm following you! :)

    -Doris
    http://malejka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have a very cool blog & style!
    now following, hope you can follow back..

    ReplyDelete
  27. VERY CUTE BLOG and VERY CUTE LOOK!

    if you have a moment please check out my blog
    www.lifeisjustrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks for your comment. you have a lovely blog <3
    following you via GFC and Bloglovin. I would love if you could follow me back <3

    love,
    Lali

    http://lalipops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for the sweet comment! Would love to follow each other...hope to hear from you again soon :)

    Xo, S
    http://houndstoothandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. floral and a lovely black shorts is what every girl needs!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!
    I really like yours too, love the shirt of these outfit by the way!
    Im following you, please follow me back if you like.
    Have a great day!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. So so pretty
    agoratopronta.blogspot.com.br
    Beijos Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow you nowe :D hope you do the same ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great post! I love the cute details on the cut-outs!

    Sure, I'd love for us to follow each other. Just tell me where you followed & I'll follow back. :)


    http://adlyvelasco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow! I love the top!! I have a blog too! please check it out !!! http://brittneyannexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥